Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Disappointing

Today in the staff restaurant there were hazlenut creme brulees. Now I'm totally incapable of passing up on a creme brulee, so I broke my new Only Salads For Lunch vow (I'd like to say, until now, two weeks and going strong). And I wish I hadn't. It's terrible. It's not cooked, it has so much ground hazlenut that it is really heavy and gluggy, and just to be pedantic, I don't think it has any cream in it. All round disappointing. But it has inspired me to try making Frangelico creme brulee. With chunks of caramelised hazlenuts on top. Yum.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger earthkissed said...

I have found since matt started making creme brulee's that the one's I buy when I'm out seem crap compared to his. Although I made some the other day, and I was quite impressed with how they turned out, they were very, very smooth! Matt once made coconut and lime creme brulee (he was trying to make them "thai" for a thai themed event) which were quite yummy. Personally I just make plain creme brulee. I like them like that, with all the vanilla seeds on the bottom - yum.

10:25 am  
Blogger Margie said...

I like 'em almost anyway they come :) My current favourite is cinnamon and Cointreau, using quite large chunks of cinnamon which get strained out, and west country cream. So yummy!

12:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmmm. Bec, your creme brulee was every bit as awesome as Cecil's :) - Becky

1:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home