Friday, May 26, 2006

It turns out London does get sun!


Ah, its funny because its true.

On a related note, yesterday was the first fine day we've had since we arrived. I got a bit excited when I saw the sun. (You can see from the photo that the term "fine" is relative, but I was excited none the less.)


We decided to make the most of the weather and went sightseeing around Soho Hyde Park. I think this photo is suitably Londonesque. Red buses and Selfridges (Its the name of a shop - I assume they sell white goods.)
One of the stranger things we saw was a giant statue of Warnie being errected in the middle of Soho. No, there weren't any statues of other, English Cricketers being erected. Just Warnie. No explanation provided. The workman we spoke to who was involved in raising the statue was Australian, so I guess its possible that there was some sort of Australian expat conspiracy to create a giant idol of Shane Warne to worship, and that the authorities were none the wiser. I'm prepared to admit though that the chances of this actually being true are fairly slim. Whatever the reason, at least I got to tick "tweaking the nipple of a 20ft tall Shane Warne" off my to do list.

3 Comments:

Blogger earthkissed said...

Damn! Who knows if I'll ever get the opportunity to tick that off my "to do" list! You're so lucky :)

8:11 am  
Blogger lizze said...

SORRY for the bad weather!

Ever since the Thames Water company introduced water hosepipe ban because the water reservoir are record low, it has been raining almost non-stop :(

I think they must have done some rain dance or something.

7:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to see that it's once again overcast today.

Perfect study (and snoozing) weather.

4:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home