Sunday, July 02, 2006

Anyone for a leisurely stroll through the cemetery?

Ok, call me weird. Or maybe just call me my mum's son (not that I'm saying that she's weird of course, but rather that some of the stuff she does sometimes may seem weird to the untrained observer), but I spent a large part of yesterday wandering around a very large totally overgrown cemetery. A very big large totally overgrown cemetery. At one stage I though I was never going to be able to find my way out. And then I did. True story.






As you can see I wasn't exaggerating when I said the cemetery was overgrown. In some places you'd think you were looking at undisturbed woods until you looked a little closer and realised that there were actaully tombstones all around you, just hidden under a lot of undergrowth.

Yesterday was not just about wandering around finding peace in the morbid final resting place of those who have departed this mortal coil. It was also about clowns. See below for a group of clowns also living in our neighbourhood.


As best as I can judge, when these happy character die, they head over to the Greenwich Docklands and look a little something like this:


And on a final note, below we have a somewhat unusual tree which can be found in Clissold Park, just near our apartment and said clowns and ghosts.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

I'm very glad you found your way out lol

8:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That street art of the clowns on the balcony - looks a lot like Banksy's work.

See http://www.banksy.co.uk/.

3:43 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

The cemetry was very cool looking, I'd love to wander through there - you took good photos:)

7:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A big konnichiwa from Japan! The photos are great, looking forward to seeing a few of ours up there soon!
Andrew

9:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home