Thursday, April 26, 2007

Sunny, colourful, fabulous Madrid

Seeing the forecasts of grey skies and rain for Madrid last weekend, I didn't have terribly high hopes for our visit last weekend. But it seems the weather realised it owed me after our Paris trip turned out to be much colder and wetter than the forecasts had promised, and we had beautifully long, clear, warm sunny days to wander around the Spanish capital, visiting parks and tapas bars and museums and tapas bars and shops and tapas bars and shops. It was great! A wonderful city - bright and cheerful and friendly. We ate and drank too much, did an unprecedented amount of shopping (gasp!) and recovered with an afternoon nap in the park. Perfect.

It was also lovely to work in a small office again, where everyone knows each other and people talk to the receptionists. Working out of the Madrid office on Monday, I felt the closest thing to homesickness I've felt since we left Australia a year ago. I don't plan on moving back to Oz anytime soon, if ever, but I think our years in London are limited. Or maybe I'll just move to a smaller firm. Who knows?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home