Friday, October 13, 2006

Last day

It's my last day at the law firm I've been working at for the last three months, and I'm feeling a bit sad. Three months is just long enough to really have your head around a job and to be at the stage when you can start improving existing systems. And just long enough to start considering some of the people you work with day in day out as friends. I'm sad to be leaving before I've really had a chance to make good friends here or make much of a difference.

On Monday I start a new job at a new firm for another 3 month contract. I hope it goes well enough that I will feel this sad at the end of that contract, but I'm getting sick of leaving places and people I love after such a short amount of time. It seems an all too common theme over the last few years.

On a more positive note, our new bed arrives on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to being able to stand up straight in the morning and sleep through the night. If the existing bed was ours I'd have a ritual burning, but sadly we're handing it back to our landlady who will doubtless inflict it on the next tenants.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

Shame about the inability to have a ritual burning, and miss out on that satisfying feeling - but enjoy the new one :)

12:22 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

I know how you feel about the job. part of the crap of being a hospital doctor is changing jobs every 10-13 weeks.... You start to understand what you're doing, know the system, know the nurses, make friends, and then it's time to go to the next job.

10:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home