Monday, October 02, 2006

Oh frabjous day!

I'm an excitable kind of person, and the last few days having been as filled with exciting things as they have been, I'm just about bubbling over.

To start with, it's October. Now I know that doesn't sound all that exciting, but this is the month of making Christmas cakes and puddings, which means Christmas is coming. And if there's one thing I like more than birthdays, it's Christmases.

Secondly, also on the note of Christmases, I went to Ikea the other night, and they have the dearest Christmas decorations. (Mum, I bought an extra set for you.)

Thirdly, I had a job interview on Friday and half an hour after I walked out the door they were on the phone with an offer. Five minutes later they had an offer I liked. Assuming the contract is all good I have employment until the end of the year.

Fourthly, and this is possibly the one I'm most excited about, tonight after work we are buying a mattress. For the last four months we've been sleeping on the bed which came with our apartment. The bed is unbelievably bad. The top of the divan base looks like a waffle and the innerspring mattress rolls up. Seriously. I haven't yet managed to sleep through a night, and we've been having 'whose body cracks more' competitions. (We're about even on that front, but last week's flu, combined with the mattress turned me into a cripple for a few rather unenjoyable days, so I figure I'm ahead on the general suffering count - and certainly on the making the most noise about it front.)

Oh frabjous day.

3 Comments:

Blogger siobhan said...

All of this is extremely exciting. Well done you on the job front.

5:56 pm  
Blogger Rach said...

Whoohooo, hurrah and all that kind of excited noise and handwaving!!!!!!

3:50 am  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Mattresses are very important. You have to lie on them a bit when buying because ones that are immediately comfortable sometimes aren't five minutes later:) Congrats on the job front.

9:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home