Friday, September 01, 2006

Turkey, here we come!

Tonight after work we're off to Turkey for a week of sailing in the Mediterranean. My cousin Pat has organised just about everything to do with this trip, and I'm arriving blissfully ignorant of what we're actually doing, or even where. Still, I have images of perfect weather, beautiful blue water, the perfect bikini that removes all attention from the me inside it, and lots of Turkish delight. I'm choosing to ignore this last week's newspapers, filled with stories of bombings in Turkey, and also assuming that an ability to sail is hereditary and I've picked it up genetically since I've done so little practice. Perhaps that should be blissfully optimistic?

2 Comments:

Blogger earthkissed said...

*sigh* I might have to stop reading your blog - I spend most of my time reading it feeling jealous of all the cool things you are getting to do! :)

1:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read the blog wiht great interest,vastly amused. Two questions: do you think you'd have done beter with a sextant? Also,given this recent aquatic experience, how are you going to be as a sailor?

2:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home