Thursday, June 14, 2007

Happiness is a delivery from Amazon

Two cookbooks and a guide to country walks around London.

And speaking of country around London, this weekend I am cycling the South Downs Way. It runs from Winchester in the South West to Eastbourne in the South (East of Brighton). 100 miles of hills. Obviously I'm dead scared and wondering what on earth induced me to say yes when a bunch of people from work (all much fitter than I) proposed the idea. But I'm looking forward to getting out of London and seeing a bit more of the beautiful countryside not too far from here.

Oh, and you're all invited to my funeral next week. Did I mention it's 100 miles of hills? What kind of idiot does that to themselves? I'm going to die.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger hermitcl said...

Oh relax; it's only . . . 160 km!?! ARE YOU MAD!?!

But don't worry; the worst hills will be the first and everyone after that.

c.

8:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From someone who is sitting tucked up in a warm, soft bed, listening to the sound of rain outside: snigger. Snigger, snigger, snigger.

Have fun!
love Jen xx

1:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home