Friday, February 02, 2007

This and that

It amazes me the extent to which music affects my emotions. On the way to work this morning, I was listening to Matisyahu and then Norah Jones. Despite the many reasons to be feeling a bit down at the moment, I've been walking along the corridors humming to myself, bursting into chorus in the stairwells if I think no one is there to hear. The music somehow reminds me how lucky I am - a wonderful husband, the best of family and friends, pretty good health (no signs of yellowness recently, and the other day I had six glasses of wine with no nasty repercussions - that's worthy of a toast, I think!), a good job with lots of potential, living in a great city, in a lovely unit. All in all, I'm feeling cheerful.

This weekend we have some good friends coming over to dinner at long last. This is the first weekend this year that both couples were free. I'd like to think my busy social life was the reason, but sadly not. On the menu: sweet potato and goats' cheese pies and my mum's wonderful lemon delicious pudding. I'm also planning to experiment with a chocolate chili cake.

Happy Friday, all!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

Sounds like delightful food!
And why are you feeling down?? :( I hope that whatever it is passes :) *hugs*

1:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope said downness has now passed.
Things this end look pretty promising today - Dad's actually been on his exercise bike!!!

1:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home