Thursday, January 11, 2007

The times, they are a-changing

Tomorrow is my last day in job number 4 of 2006. I chose to leave after only a relatively short amount of time, and I'm going to a job I think could be great, but there are things I will miss about this position. The 20 minutes door-to-door commute, the views from the 35th floor (particularly at sunset, it's really quite stunning), the people. But most of all, the sense of ownership and achievement in a big project. In the last couple of weeks I've started to feel on top of the job and have been working quite hard on my intranet project; designing and creating one from scratch is something I've previously had no exposure to, and found more than a little overwhelming to begin with. Today, my penultimate day, we've managed to install the server and start creating. It's quite exciting. But perhaps it's a good thing to be leaving now: if I stayed much longer I might slowly morph into an incurable geek (please be kind and leave this one alone! I know it's an easy shot).

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

Your right, it was too easy :P

8:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home