Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Political luv

Somehow my job as an 'information professional' (cough) hasn't kept me very up to date on Australian events. The glorious news of Keven Rudd taking up the Labor leadership, and Peter Garrett being promoted to the front bench (as Environment Minister no less), has only recently found its way on to my radar. Happy, happy days! I feel a warm glow just thinking about it.

Each interview I read cheers me. Nice clear statements of priorities and policies. A political figure with a firm grasp on the language, talking about some of the things I've been wanting to hear about: a bill of rights, reconciliation, climate change, foreign aid.

I think I'm in political luv. If the ALP wins next year's election, I may just faint from excitement.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, you actually like Krudd??
You can stay in London...


:P

12:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home