Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Exciting times

I'm always excited in the weeks leading up to Christmas, but this year I'm especially excited. To start with, I'm just generally excited by having our own place at long last. It's brilliant. Even having to deal with the most incompetent rental agency in the world isn't detracting from its fabulousness. (Aren't I glad in hindsight I didn't link to the agency listing of our unit when we got it - now I can bag them till my heart's content.)

And if having our very own, fabulous unit weren't enough, on Thursday we're going to Berlin for 3 days. Vaughn, the lucky thing, was there last year for a conference, but this will be the first time I will have been back there since mum and I moved to Oz when I was teeny tiny. I'm looking forward to wandering our our old neighbourhood and seeing the place I lived in for the earliest bit of my life. I'm also really looking forward to the Christmas Markets! Oooooooh! Decorations for the tree, and pyramids, and gingerbread houses. And then when we get home we can get a Christmas tree. I LOVE Christmas.

And possibly most exciting of all, I chatted with a very dear friend earlier today whom I haven't heard from in about a year and a half. And though our lives have taken us in different directions, it was amazing how similar our last 1-2 years have been. Like me, she met and married the perfect man, and unlike me, she had a beautiful baby boy last week, Konstantinos Andreas. Now we'll just have to have a trip to Athens to meet him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home