Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Belated Christmas greetings

A belated merry Christmas and happy new year to all (from one who relies on work for internet access)!

This morning when I logged in to my work PC an alarmingly large number of blog posts floated on to my screen. My various inboxes were neck deep in letters, emails, magazines (work related!) and other less interesting things. It's mid-afternoon now, and I'm finally on top of it all enough to read friends' Christmas and New Years wishes, and to feel mildly guilty for my lapse in blogging duties.

We had a lovely break, with various Christmas and New Years festivities. Christmas day saw us lunching with friends for our first 'orphans Christmas', then partying with our neighbours until the wee hours of the morning, playing twister and limbo, group drumming and singing. These same neighbours also cooked us breakfast the next morning, the lovely people. All in all, a wonderful couple of days.

Other things that kept us entertained and or busy were, in no particular order: our bed broke (because we were cheap and bought a crappy bed - minds out of the gutter, please), an impromptu 4-day visit from one of my very favourite people, the fireworks on New Years Eve, a tummy bug, the post-Christmas sales.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home