Monday, September 03, 2007

Count down

The calendar barely grazes August usually when I start getting excited about my birthday, but now that it's September and the month of my day is upon us, I'm just about beside myself. I'm on draft three of the birthday menu already and there'll almost certainly be at least another two. Really, I'm not sure it's possible to have A SINGULAR favourite cake. I have LOTS of favourite cakes. And that's before (of course) I even consider entrees and mains. No wonder I love degustation menus. I just don't have the patience to cook them myself.

I'm also looking forward to cooking for my birthday party - please let me know if you're coming and what your favourite food is! I'm going to spend some quality time with my favourite cookbooks this weekend and put together my shopping list.

I love birthdays!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm not coming, but I hope you have a very happy birthday on the 13th. Your twin cousin appears to be celebrating his in Houston, Texas. I, on the other hand, did a 60th (at last!) this week with your other cousins and sundry McDowall relatives.

Love, Elizabeth

6:45 am  
Blogger earthkissed said...

oooohhh Today's the 13th! (well it is here). So here goes "happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear margie, happy birthday to you!" Well it was the 13th before I started typing that. Now it's the 14th. happy belated birthday now. I wished I lived in England. I wished I was eating yummy birthday food *sigh*. I would totally have made you a chocolate lava cake..... (that's what we're having tomorrow night with the rosemary and blood orange sorbet I just made)

2:57 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh, that sounds delicious! I just made a lavender and honey ice cream that I was pretty happy with. Would you perhaps be interested in a recipe swap? Sorbet is just what I need after yesterday's calorific and fatastic feast.

2:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home