Friday, October 27, 2006

The travel bug

There's no doubt about it. I've got the travel bug. To begin with, the symptoms were quite mild, with the usual itchy feet and looking at travel websites and books. But over the last couple of months I've had many, many friends go to wonderful places and come back with travel stories and photos. Greece, France, America, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Finland, Scotland. And each time I see a photo or hear a story my symptoms increase, until now I compulsively check travel websites at least once a day and check friends' photo sites to see if there are any news pictures and to tempt myself just a little bit more. We're going to Berlin in December for four days, and I'm really looking forward to it, but it's not enough. I've got the travel bug. I've got to go to more places more often. One day soon, I can tell, the bug is going to take over any sense of fiscal and professional responsibility I have and I'm going to arrive home with my arms laden with tickets to 15 places in three months with no idea how I'm going to pay for it or get time off work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, here we are at the Tamborine library, looking at the latest messages/entries/photos.

All deeply envious. You're worrying about the travel bug! You should try being here and reading all about it!

Mum says she'll write you a letter; I'll get round to sending an email soon, but it's actually YOUR TURN! Dad says you're obviously both getting a tremendous amount of fun/experience out of all you're doing and you should keep it up while you can.

By the way, this mention of a possible change in career...???
Love from all.

1:02 am  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Sounds like a good idea, leaving the work behind, and just going with it *sigh* wish I could do that!

6:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home