Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Phew!

Last week was a bit crazy for me. We moved house; I started supplying cupcakes to my local cafe; and I had an important deadline at work. Amazingly, all three turned out very well. The move was quick and painless, and much helped by the lovely Bear and Pirate, who drugged themselves to the eyeballs and endured dust and cats for the day. A week later we were in, unpacked and celebrating with a housewarming party.

The cupcakes were a great hit. They sold out within the day and I've arranged to supply the cafe with a batch twice a week. In the meantime they will use other caterers for cakes. I'm thrilled because it means I can continue to bake for them but at a manageable level. I'm loving all the piping work and playing around with all things sugar craft.

And the work thing went well too. I've been doing some knowledge management consultancy work with a client we're trying to develop our relationship with. Last week I presented my findings and recommendations, which they loved. They've asked me to present to their global legal board next week, so my Partner is feeling pretty pleased with me right about now, which is always nice.

All in all it's been a big week!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done! Will there be photos of delightfully decorated delicacies?

Cecilia

8:00 am  
Blogger Sunny said...

@Just passin thru'
enjoyed your blog.....
Blessings
Sunny

6:16 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Wow... You sound like you're doing fantastically!

11:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were those the cupcakes I noticed in the Deptford Project?! I thought they looked excellent. I haven't been too impressed by their cakes so far, can you branch out a bit...?!

12:18 pm  
Blogger Margie said...

Thanks, Deptford Dame! They were indeed those cupcakes, or at least some of them. Mine are the ones they sell as 'colourful cupcakes'. Actually, the others are closer to the kind of thing I really enjoy making, but that space was already filled. In terms of branching out, I've been toying with the idea of starting a market stall selling cakes, cupcakes, jams and ice creams. Maybe one day I'll get myself that organised, but it probably won't be until we've replaced the kitchen and got a dishwasher!

12:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home